Before you get to the 4 videos below, here’s my take on today. Practice was intense, physical and lasted an hour. My observation of the player’s overall mood was focused and determined. They weren’t down at all that I could see. The coaching staff was all business, even at times when players joked, yelped and smiled, the coaches seemed totally focused on running a hard, disciplined session. It was great to watch and hopefully you can get a good idea of what it was like.
Below each video you’ll find general notes which I’ll sum up here:
- Video #1 shows the new lineup I expect for tomorrow’s matchup vs. the Flyers with Toffoli joining Kopitar and Carter. See the full lineup at the bottom of this post.
- Video #2 shows the top 2 lines working on set plays in the offensive zone coming off a faceoff. Typical high-slot shots with traffic in front. My feeling here was Payne, who was running the drill, was trying a little too hard at times to get the most out of the guys. Just my observation. The bottom 6 did the same thing at the other end of the ice as you’ll see in the video.
- Video #3 was my favorite and had the guys really battling each other in front of the net. At the end of practice, Sutter gave a small speech which you can judge for yourself as to its effectiveness.
- And finally for a little bit of good news, Video #4 is a small clip of Alec Martinez back on the ice after his elbow injury.
- Your comments on any of these are welcome below or on YouTube itself or on LAKI. Enjoy.
LA Kings Practice Report #1 – Lineup Update
– Frattin had equal time on the 2nd line.
– Schultz had equal time on defense.
– Solid, intense practice lasted about an hour.
– Toffoli jumps up to the top line.
LA Kings Practice Report #2 – Five-Man Set Plays
– Payne leads 5 man unit drill
– Set plays from the faceoff in the O zone
– High slot shots with traffic in front
LA Kings Practice Report #3 – Front of Net Battles
– Front of net battles including 1 on 1, 2 on 1, 2 on 2 and 3 on 2.
– High intensity, full contact drills
– Kopitar gets hit in face by Mitchell
– Drill ends with forward lines matched against defensive pairings
– Line conditioning
– End of practice team meeting
LA Kings Practice Report #4 – Martinez Skates!
After practice today, Alec Martinez took the ice for the first time that I’m aware of since he hyper-extended his elbow in the Dodger Stadium game vs. the Ducks. He spend a good 30 minutes handling the puck and skating.
Toffoli – Kopitar – Carter
Brown – Richards – Williams – Frattin
King – Stoll – Lewis
Clifford – Fraser – Nolan
Muzzin – Doughty
Regehr – Voynov
Mitchell – Greene
Quick & Jones
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home4/pucknews/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 277