LAKings.com’s new weekly column features four hockey writers answering four questions… a Kings writer, a Wild writer, a Sharks writer and a Canucks writer.
Here are the questions this week: [My answers in brackets]
- How would you change the regular season to make it as “exciting” as the playoffs?
- [Uh, what? By definition this isn't possible. The whole purpose of the regular season is to set up the playoffs. The biggest difference between the two formats is the shootout. Ideally (but unrealistically) all regular season games would end in sudden death overtime.]
- With very little change to the Leafs squad, what does it take for them to make the playoffs?
- [It's Week 3 for this feature column and it looks like they're already running out of questions to ask the panel. Answer: Play better and hope to hell the rest of the Northeast Division sucks.]
- What are the Ducks to do with Bobby Ryan?
- [Hopefully something really, really stupid.]
- As a GM for your respective teams, what RFA would you use an offer sheet to acquire?
- [You mean try to acquire. Big difference. As the Kings GM, I’d be an idiot to even bother with any offer sheet. Answer: no one.]